If you have a home insurance policy in the state of Texas, you’ll be able to replace your home and personal property if they get damaged or destroyed by specific perils. However, there may be only certain “covered losses” on Texas home insurance policies. You may think that you’re covered for a particular incident, but there’s a chance that you might not be.
What a Texas Home Insurance Policy Won’t Cover
While Texas home insurance policies will cover any replacement costs or medical expenses for many types of incidents, it won’t cover any of the following:
- Infestation of rats, mice, or insects (including termites)
- Damage caused by a freezing pipe if your home isn’t occupied (unless the water has been turned off or if you heated the building)
- Any losses that occurred on the property if it has been vacant after a certain number of days (which will be listed in your policy)
- Damage caused by “wear and tear”
- Damage to trees and shrubs if it’s caused by wind or hail
- Mold (unless it’s necessary to complete the repairs)
- Water damage that’s caused by continuous or repeated leakage
You can always buy windstorm or hail insurance, and you can buy separate coverage for any damage that’s caused by a flood. Be sure to speak to an agent to get more information on what you can do to cover any of these losses.
A Superior Home Insurance Broker in Amarillo, TX
If you want to find the best home insurance broker in Amarillo, TX, West Texas Insurance Agency can help you find a policy that will meet your needs and fit your budget. Our team has years of combined experience so that we can help you with all your insurance needs. If you want more information on how we can help you, please feel free to contact someone at West Texas Insurance Agency. We would be happy to speak with you!