The commercial insurance world can be very unforgiving at times since the requirements are sometimes very steep and hard to understand. Due to this reason, it is important to have an experienced commercial insurance broker on your side to guide you through the risks and coverage needs while looking for commercial coverage. At West Texas Insurance Agency in Amarillo, TX, our agents can provide the answers you need to make the correct choices when selecting a policy. Here are a few reasons as to why commercial insurance is now common around the country.
1. Liability Coverage
Everyone can make a mistake regardless of their position in society. Such errors can result in a customer or employee becoming hurt and can also lead to equipment malfunction. To ensure that your company is secure from such liability risks, it is important that you employ the following coverage measures:
- General Coverage: This will protect you from injury while you are on the company premises.
- Product Coverage: This offers protection in case your product causes harm or becomes defective.
- Professional Coverage: This is a form of coverage which protects you in case your business is sued due to negligence, omissions, and errors which happen when you are performing your professional services.
2. Property, Vehicle, and Earnings Coverage.
Your assets and earnings need to be protected in case of an emergency or disaster which might destroy them. With the following insurance products, you will be protected from such scenarios.
- Commercial fleet and vehicle insurance
- Business interruption insurance
- Surety Bonds
- Content Insurance
- Commercial property insurance
These insurance policies are self-explanatory, but it is important to consider purchasing a business interruption insurance policy which will protect you in case your business is closed temporarily by covering the loss of earnings during that time.
3. Protects you, your partners, and other employees
Losing a key individual can be very disastrous for your business. For this reason, you should purchase life insurance for your important business associates. The following policies can offer protection to such individuals.
- Directors and officer policy
- Key person insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
4. Medical Coverage.
Your employees will require a health insurance plan which will play a big role when it comes to recruiting and retaining the employees. Even though this is not classified as commercial insurance, it is a great way to ensure the safety of your employees.
It is high time you visited West Texas Insurance Agency in Amarillo, TX to acquire quality commercial insurance packages and to have your questions answered. Our agents are ready to work with you and find a policy that suits your needs.
Most people think nothing of loaning their car to a visiting relative or friend to enjoy the sights or take a quick trip to the store. Before loaning out your vehicle, you should make sure the driver is covered on your auto insurance policy.
In general, auto policies cover two types of drivers: those listed on the policy (household members) and those who occasionally take your car for a ride. Here’s a brief breakdown on insurance coverage for each.
Relatives who drive your vehicle from time to time while visiting your Amarillo, TX home fall under the category of occasional driver. They are protected under your auto insurance coverage, according to the terms of your policy. Under some policies, limits for liability coverage may be lower for occasional drivers than those who regularly drive your car.
If your visiting relative is involved in an accident while driving your vehicle and damages exceed your insurance limits, you (as the policy owner) could be held liable. You’re also expected to pay any deductible on the policy when making a claim, even if someone else was driving. Before loaning one of your vehicles to a visiting relative, make sure he or she is a responsible, licensed driver.
Relatives who are licensed drivers and members of your household are covered under your insurance policy. This includes teen drivers, parents, grandparents or any other relatives who live with you and use your vehicle frequently for work, school, or leisure activities. At West Texas Insurance Agency, we encourage our policyholders to list all licensed drivers in their household on the same policy to ensure they receive full protection in the event of an accident.
If you have any questions concerning auto insurance coverage or costs, contact us at West Texas Insurance Agency in Amarillo, TX.
A home is like a haven. It is a place where you raise your family as well as a place where you create precious memories. You need to protect this home against any unexpected risks such as fire, theft, and weather among more. West Texas Insurance Agency in Amarillo, TX is here to help you protect that haven by offering you a home insurance policy that fits your needs.
However, before signing any contract with us, it is good that you understand some key essentials of home insurance. Some of the key facts include:
Damage covered depends on your policy – Not every event that destroys your home can be covered. You need to know what your plan entails and if you need any changes to be done, make sure you communicate it to your insurer.
Have a home inventory – Make sure you categorize everything you have. In doing so, you will be able to know which items were damaged when filing a claim.
You are in control – Most people feel like the insurance company is in control. That should not be the case. You should explore different insurance companies offering home insurance so that you can have options to choose if you cannot find a policy that fits your needs.
Having looked at the essentials, below are our home insurance coverage options you should consider:
- With this coverage option, your house, as well as anything attached to it such as decks, are covered.
- When your home is damaged by a certain event such as fire, there is a high probability that your belongings will be destroyed. So, with this coverage, all your belongings should be protected. However, make sure you do a home inventory before taking this policy. Certain items such as expensive jewelry may need additional coverage.
- Liability policy protects your family against lawsuits for any damage you cause to other people. Also, it covers against any harm your pet may cause to your neighbors.
Additional living expenses
- When your house gets damaged, you may need a place to stay before it is repaired. We help you cover living expenses incurred as a result of damage caused to your home.
So, if you are in Amarillo, TX and need a home insurance policy, West Texas Insurance Agency is always here to guide you. Feel free to contact us today via our website or by phone, for more information.